Founded in 2014, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? We realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. Honor’s unique approach is driving our rapid growth and leadership as an innovator. We have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine.
Our mission and ambitions are huge. We’re looking for people who believe, as we do, that changing the way we care for our parents is one of the most important problems we can solve. Honor is a well-funded, strongly backed company with experienced leaders who have a proven track record of building large businesses and solving extraordinarily difficult challenges. Join us!
What makes a fit?
- An engineer familiar with mobile product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers and product managers
- An engineer experienced with best practices in Android architecture
- Someone with a positive mindset that is ready to contribute and empower our company culture
- 2+ years building complex applications for Android using Java or Kotlin.
- 4+ years software development experience
- Experience working in multi-person mobile or full-stack development teams
- Familiarity with common best-practice software design fundamentals (object oriented programming, proper data structure usage, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience building UIs using the Android Data Binding library.
- Familiarity with Reactive programming using RxJava/RxKotlin.
- Awareness of performance limitations of battery life, CPU and memory availability to implement robust and efficient solutions.
- You <3 debugging.