As an Escalations Lead, your job is to closely monitor Honor’s safety escalations channels (which can be over the phone or through online communication) to ensure that service incidents are handled by our Front Line staff in the appropriate manner; and to provide real time feedback and direction to ensure the health and safety of our clients and caretakers. By utilizing assessment skills in conjunction with established protocols, the Escalations Lead will provide support, advice, and oversight to call takers.
- Effectively communicate with people in emotional or physical distress and obtain relevant information under pressure
- Proactively provide oversight to escalations Slack channel, making sure appropriate decisions are made
- Determine the nature and assess the severity of reported incidents based on real time, text streams of information regarding incoming calls
- Proactively engage with call takers by quickly identifying the need for more senior intervention
- Provide assistance, information and direction to call takers -- including engaging emergency services
- Maintain non medical service boundaries by engaging appropriate resources (EMS, police, public utilities) and achieving resolution without dispensing medical advice
- Create clear logs and records of reported incidents and documentation of the response
- Effectively and quickly use call routing system, internal software, and slack messaging to interpret and share information in real time
- Build trust and positive relationships with call takers
- Ability to operate independently and exercise emotional discipline to maintain a calm demeanor when supporting call takers
- Communication Proficiency
- Emotional Discipline
- Decision Making
- Fluency with workplace communication tools
- Comfortable using Google docs, including Sheets
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days may involve weekends and after hours coverage due to the 24/7 nature of inbound calls.
There is little to no travel expected for this role.
Preferred Education and Experience
3+ years in working in emergency services, related health care field, and/or former police, ambulance, or 911 dispatch experience
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification or Registered Nurse (RN) preferred