Founded in 2015, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? Because we realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress in transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. This unique approach is powering our huge growth - we have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine.
Our mission and ambitions are huge. We’re looking for people who believe, as we do, that modernizing home care for our parents—and yours—is one of the most important problems we can solve. Honor is a well-funded, strongly backed company with experienced leaders who have a proven track record of building large businesses and solving extraordinarily difficult challenges. Join us!
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising, monitoring and evaluating all day-to-day accounting activities. You will establish financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Process month and year-end process, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, account reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity, etc.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- 5+ years of finance and planning experience
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Prior experience working in managed services companies is a plus
- Proven experience hiring and managing a team
- Advanced skills in spreadsheets (Excel, Google Docs), accounting software, and databases
- Keen analytical skills: ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize, organize, and respond effectively
- Comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment