Founded in 2015, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? Because we realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress in transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. This unique approach is powering our huge growth - we have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine.
Our mission and ambitions are huge. We’re looking for people who believe, as we do, that modernizing home care for our parents—and yours—is one of the most important problems we can solve. Honor is a well-funded, strongly backed company with experienced leaders who have a proven track record of building large businesses and solving extraordinarily difficult challenges. Join us!
Honor is seeking an educator who can help live, write, structure, and iterate the core learning and development program. As the Director of Learning & Development, you will be the business leader who ensures that our talent at Honor Technology is continually growing and performs at their fullest potential. Spanning a uniquely wide variety of roles and functions, across a distributed workforce (care professionals, engineers, operations, customer experience and more!). This includes designing an effortful learning path, with interactive modules that aid in real doing versus regurgitated learning. Success will be recognized through retention of learning, proficiency, growth of people and engagement. This position will be based in San Francisco at our global HQ and report directly to SVP of People.
Impact and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating and implementing a leadership development framework that is focused on developing our leaders in our high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Create high-impact functional learning programs in close collaboration with business leaders that accelerate function-specific development of our people
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining strategic training initiatives to be scaled across the company that may include coaching, classroom training, 1:1 sessions, action learning & e-learning
- Partner with business leaders to continually assess the state of Honor’s talent across teams and functions and adjust our learning and development strategies and organizational processes to reflect those insights
- Play a partnership role across the People team by creating innovative approaches around culture and development- continually improving critical organizational talent processes such as our developmental feedback cycle, talent reviews, organizational design, execution of our Diversity & Inclusion priorities, etc.
- Assist HR leadership in continually building bench-strength of leadership by determining needs through talent assessment, succession planning and individual development plans
- Develop and enhance company-wide programs that teach and strengthen our values and leadership behaviors consistently across all of our employees and their employee life cycle
- Build a data-driven and technology-enabled learning organization and process, including analytics, dashboards, and LMS and a culture of continuous improvement using data insights to shape our learning roadmap and priorities
- Become quickly immersed into the company culture, working closely with key business leaders to understand OKRs (Objective and Key Results) and ensure training programs support and align with larger company goals
- Create an implement training programs such as new hire training and on-boarding, on-going development and other initiatives in support of business initiatives
- Experience designing and delivering both company-wide programs and function-specific programs
- Specific experience developing learning approaches for remote employees that keep them engaged and committed to the programs and the work
- Able to fly at 30,000 feet in shaping global strategies and thinking about Honor’s learning priorities 2-4 years ahead, and dive down to ‘sea level’ in coaching the team to execute in daily work
- Personally fulfilled by succeeding through others and developing leaders
- Deep sense of personal responsibility, combined with your strong attention to detail and organization
- An innovator who is not afraid to break the status quo- you thrive leading others through ambiguity and constant change
- Instinctively ask for the data when seeking to understand and solve a problem
- Fluency with metrics and how to evaluate the effectiveness of learning programs in driving significant business impact
- Exceptional communicator in both written and verbal interactions; clear, concise, and courageous in giving tough but supportive feedback when needed to leaders at all levels
- Specialization in building curriculum in content development
- BA/BS plus 7-10 years of experience in Learning & Development/Organizational Development
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.