Honor launched nearly three years ago with a mission to transform the senior care industry ($40B) using its technology to better screen, deploy and support its Care Professionals (W2 employees) while providing more transparency and control to its clients and their family members. Honor is a mission-based company that will become the brand synonymous with “Caring for our Parents.” Honor currently operates in six metro areas across California, Texas and New Mexico and is on pace to nearly triple revenue this year.
Honor's Care team is responsible for every aspect of our in-home service delivery - managing both the complex logistics and high-touch, personalized support for clients and Care Pros to provide consistent, high quality care. To sustain Honor’s rapid growth while maintaining and improving our service delivery, the Care Strategy team owns strategic projects end-to-end aimed at improving our internal operations and results. To do this, members of the Care Strategy team must work cross-functionally, partnering with teams across Care and Honor, to deliver results. We’ve recently announced plans to open an operations hub in Austin, TX and are looking to build out this function with strategically-minded operations leaders looking to grow their careers with a fast growing organization that truly wants to change the world for the better.
To build out this function locally in Austin, Honor is seeking a Director of Operations Strategy to build and develop a team of project managers focused on tackling our biggest operational challenges to drive performance as we rapidly scale. Reporting directly into the Head of Care Strategy, the Director of Operations Strategy will be responsible for leading cross-functional strategic initiatives across the Care organization. The ideal candidate is equal parts operator and high-horsepower problem solver, capable of turning complex and ambitious ideas into scalable capabilities. This role will require high intellectual acuity to tackle tough problems that reshape our industry, a relentless ability to drive results across various teams and commitment to Honor's values and mission.
The expectation for the ideal Director of Operations Strategy candidate is that this role provides a pathway into the organization where an exceptionally talented individual can learn the business and industry, drive significant impact as we scale, and ultimately move into a senior leadership position within the Care organization in a 9-18 month time frame, taking on direct P&L responsibility.
Location: The role will be based in Austin, TX. However, with key stakeholders (e.g., Fin, Eng) based in our headquarters in SF, frequent travel to the Bay Area is expected (~25%), with heavier travel at beginning of role as we ramp.
- Drive and execute high-impact projects across the Care organization
- Work cross-functionally with leadership across Growth, Product, Data Science, Legal, and HR
- Drive operations strategy, including:
- Designing new processes and workflow to support rapid scale
- Developing infrastructure - org structure, role definition, KPIs, etc. - for best-in-class Care Pro support, client service and organizational efficiency
- Analyzing trends in client and Care Pro behavior to drive improvements in our operational model and systems
- Grow and develop a team of project managers to tackle operational challenges while preparing to move in to team management roles across Care
- In addition to reshaping and optimizing large parts of the Care organization, this individual will ultimately have the opportunity to transition into a senior leadership role with significant direct P&L responsibility within the Care org
- 8-10 years experience in roles which combined strategy and operations (strategy, management consulting, operations at a fast-growing company, lean operations)
- MBA or MS in Operations Management preferred
- Consulting/I-banking experience a plus but not required
- History of P&L ownership and ability to drive results through direct reports
- Strong desire to tackle tough problems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build consensus and drive projects cross functionally
- Proven track-record of driving strategic initiatives
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to form data-driven insights; operations analysis experience a plus
- Ability to thrive in unstructured, fast-paced environments
- Self-driven, motivated and entrepreneurial; ability to independently drive impact and “make things happen”
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.