Founded in 2015, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? Because we realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress in transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. This unique approach is powering our huge growth - we have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine.
Our mission and ambitions are huge. We’re looking for people who believe, as we do, that modernizing home care for our parents—and yours—is one of the most important problems we can solve. Honor is a well-funded, strongly backed company with experienced leaders who have a proven track record of building large businesses and solving extraordinarily difficult challenges.
We are looking for a driven and detail oriented HR Associate. In this role you will work closely with our ops, recruitment and legal team to ensure we are meeting and exceeding all guidelines and needs. We are looking for someone who is passionate about finding new and innovative ways to support our growing workforce. As an HR Associate here at Honor you will help with all aspects of benefits administration, training, records keeping, operations, and compliance with government labor laws and regulations. We are looking to systematize a lot of our practices so we can operate more efficiently as we grow.
- Provide HR support, including answering questions about payroll and benefits administration; processing leaves of absence and separations; and processing on-boarding paperwork for Care Pros
- Build positive relationships with Care Pros through excellent and proactive communication
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Maintain care-pro files and provide employee reports as needed
- Help to manage workers’ compensation notifications and claims process
- Monitor paid sick leave and ACA eligibility; assist with related communications and reporting
- Provide employment verifications and answer basic employee questions about HR-related matters
- Coordinate leaves of absence including monitoring leave requests, tracking time off, providing required notifications, and coordinating benefit payments
- Track compliance requirements and ensure compliance for all markets that the company currently operates in
- Manage mailings (birthday cards, work anniversary)
- Identify HR related issues that require escalation to management; document and report relevant information
- Review and approve pending changes in Paylocity to ensure smooth payroll processing, including but not limited to demographic changes, direct deposit changes, and CA sick leave requests
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience in HR, admin, communications or service-oriented role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solver with ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to balance multiple assignments
- Excellent technical skills and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledge of HR best practices, systems and protocols
- Positive, can-do attitude, and pleasant telephone demeanor
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.