As a platform for non-medical home care, Honor’s mission is to make sure our parents and yours can age at home with joy, comfort, and grace. Home care on the surface may seem simple but it’s a complex interplay between operations, logistics, and human emotion. As a product team, we build systems that support all functions of quality care delivery, and design for a variety of audiences from Care Professionals and aging adults, to our own internal team members.
Honor is seeking a full-time freelance Product Design to contribute to our Care Pro and Partner products. You’ll have the opportunity to own the end-to-end design for new features, from early research and visioning, to polished designs, quality assurance, and launch support. You’ll be working with a team of world-class Designers, PMs, and Engineers tightening up the UX on key areas of the Care Pro mobile app (Android and iOS) and our responsive web portal for Partners.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Deeply understand and solve complex problems for our Care Pros, Clients, Partners, or internal teams.
- Design simple, easy-to-use flows and experiences that support our users
- Partner with PMs, engineers, and cross-disciplinary team members to define user experience for products and features from concept to launch
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and knowledge of operational workflows connected to your project work
- Use research and data to inform design solutions
- Provide and seek feedback from other designers to always push the bar for quality
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience in product design, leading end-to-end design on products for desktop and mobile
- An excellent communicator and collaborator who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Self-starter, able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment
- Experience designing and shipping complex products that customers love
- A portfolio of design work that demonstrates experience with the full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design
- Desire to share knowledge and learn from those around you
- Passion for Honor’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience designing internal tools, B2B or Enterprise
- Experience designing for accessibility
- Full-time for 3 month minimum
- Able to travel to SF office to sync with team members and ramp up on Honor product ecosystem
- Bonus: Work from our SF office for increased collaboration and efficiency