Honor’s mission in life is big, really big. We want to change the world, and not in a small way. We want to make sure our parents, your parents, and everyone’s parents can age at home with joy, comfort, and grace. Home care hasn’t innovated in 30 years, here’s your chance to change that. We’re looking for people who believe, as we do, that modernizing home care for our parents—and yours—is one of the most important problems we can solve. Honor is a well-funded, strongly backed company with experienced leaders who have a proven track record of building large businesses and solving extraordinarily difficult challenges.
Honor’s service delivery model is complex. We match and staff Care Pros to care recipients as a joint service with our Honor Care Network Partners, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Our clients, Care Pros, and Partners come from diverse backgrounds and have highly varied needs. Honor’s Care team is responsible for every aspect of our in-home service delivery - managing both the complex logistics and high-touch experiences for clients and Care Pros to provide consistently high quality care.
We are seeking a design leader to be embedded within our Care team, partnering with our operating team, product and design, and Care leadership to inform how we build the best service experience for these critical stakeholders as we scale. The role will be a part of the Care Strategy team. The Service Design Lead will be responsible for developing insights from external and internal users, translating them in to recommendations across our processes and product, and driving these changes across Honor. The role will require developing and building solutions which balance creating a high-quality user experience, meeting business objectives, and supporting our Care team to handle the complex logistics of delivering care.
As the Service Design Lead, you will:
- Develop and drive high-impact projects across the Care organization
- Work closely with leadership across Care and Product to design and develop process and product recommendations
- Partner with operations team members to test and implement changes to processes, workflows, call scripts, hand-offs, and the myriad of other operational components that drive our work
- Develop user insights from a combination of user interviews, observations, and working groups
- Advise operational and product team members in solving challenges across our service delivery
- Work with Honor’s data team to analyze service metrics to inform design solutions
- Co-lead design working sessions with cross-functional teams
- 8+ years in at least one design practice area (user experience, design research, design strategy, service strategy)
- Strong desire to tackle dig in to tough problems and work in all phases of the design process (user research, communication, service design, implementation)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build consensus and drive project projects cross functionally
- Proven track-record of owning strategic initiatives from ideations to execution
- Ability to partner with data analysts and draw insights from data
- Ability to thrive in unstructured, fast-paced environments
- Strong attention to detail and ability to balance moving fast with the gravity of high-touch care delivery
- Self-driven, motivated and entrepreneurial; ability to independently drive impact and “make things happen”