Founded in 2015, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? Because we realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress in transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. This unique approach is powering our huge growth - we have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine.
Our mission and ambitions are huge. We’re looking for people who believe, as we do, that modernizing home care for our parents—and yours—is one of the most important problems we can solve. Honor is a well-funded, strongly backed company with experienced leaders who have a proven track record of building large businesses and solving extraordinarily difficult challenges. Join us!
As our Controller, you will be a key leader for the financial operations of our rapidly growing company. You must be a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of manager and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment. We are looking for an experienced, versatile, and hands-on finance leader to manage the day-to-day activities of our accounting team. You will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and development of a high performing accounting team.
What You'll Do:
- Lead all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, G/L, payroll, revenue recognition, taxes, and treasury services
- Develop, manage, mentor, and build a top tier team that proactively drives continuous improvement and works with a collaborative mentality
- Manage and streamline month-end accounting process, ensuring conformance with standard GAAP accounting
- Publish timely and accurate monthly financial statements
- Serve treasury function, tracking monthly bank reconciliation and ensuring proper controls for cash on hand
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and consultants and own the successful completion of the year-end audit
- Partner with the legal team on company governance activities, including corporate insurance, subsidiary management, and equity administration
- Develop accounting systems and infrastructure to scale with business growth
- Collaborate with FP&A in measuring and reporting of financial KPIs
Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance and a min of 3+ years of experience independently managing accounting processes
- CPA license (active status) required
- Experience in labor services preferred
- Experience in startups preferred
- Strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Superior analytical skills, combined with solid business judgment and communication skills
- Flexible and creative, with ability to learn new and complex concepts quicklyStrategic perspective – ability to integrate finance, human resources and legal perspectives into accounting and other decision-making in the company
- Exceptional work ethic and the willingness and ability to “roll up sleeves”
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.