Founded in 2015, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? Because we realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress in transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. This unique approach is powering our huge growth - we have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine.
Our mission and ambitions are huge. We’re looking for people who believe, as we do, that modernizing home care for our parents—and yours—is one of the most important problems we can solve. Honor is a well-funded, strongly backed company with experienced leaders who have a proven track record of building large businesses and solving extraordinarily difficult challenges. Join us!
Honor is looking for an exceptional staff accountant to run various aspects of our accounting process including accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense reimbursements, and internal reporting processes. The Staff Accountant must be both a critical thinker and have the ability to execute on the day-to-day activities. The ideal candidate has outstanding people skills and the ability to initiate process improvements in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
What You'll Do
- Own vendor payments working closely with other teams to ensure a high degree of accuracy & timeliness
- Own client billing and A/R working closely with our Customer Success team to ensure exceptional customer satisfaction
- Oversight of credit card balances and related payment scheduleHelp manage the month end close process, including posting of journal entries, maintaining account reconciliations, and contributing to the month end close package and analysis
- Perform monthly bank and account reconciliations
- Perform individual G/L account analysis, variance analysis and propose correcting entries as needed
- Review G/L coding for accounts payable and ensure timely payment of invoices
- Ad hoc financial analysis, business operations projects
- Assist with preparing annual 1099s and other tax filingsAssist with ad hoc accounting projects
What You'll Need
- 2-4 years experience running accounting processes
- Experience working in a start-up environment with an extensive labor force
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in NetSuite, Bill.com and Paylocity
- Strong work ethic and team playerHigh degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Wonderful people person
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.