Honeylove is a venture-backed DTC startup founded by EDM artist Betsie Larkin, who has released multiple Top 40 hits and has toured with Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Paul van Dyk, ATB, and others. After searching high and low for quality shapewear that made her feel confident on stage, Betsie decided to create her own line of stage-worthy shapewear and launched the brand in 2018.
Since then, Honeylove has expanded to tops, bras, and many other garments that have set new standards in their segments. We apply a technical and artistic approach to problems we see in the fashion industry, creating products that serve our customers of all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds.
Honeylove grew quickly over the past couple of years and has attracted over 2 million customers, as well as earned praise from countless publishers (eg: New York Times, Good Morning America, etc). SimilarWeb called Honeylove one of the fastest growing large DTC brands, and the company received funding from top investors such as Lightspeed, Y Combinator, and Serena Williams. Most importantly, Honeylove is profitable despite continuing to grow at a rapid pace.
This role is in-office, 5 days a week. Hybrid/remote is not an option for this role
Compensation: $90k- $120k
Our team is looking to hire a Material R&D Manager who will report to our Vice President of Product Development. The role will be full time in-office (located downtown Los Angeles).
Below captures the responsibilities, skills, and qualifications we are looking for, however, no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
- Report directly to Vice President of Product Development while working collaboratively with both Design Director & CEO to develop brand-specific products aligned with Honeylove’s financial & merchandising strategy
- Partner with the Asia sourcing team to manage the development of all fabrics
- Create and maintain comprehensive material documentation in shared systems including detailed specifications (FDS), pricing, minimums, lead time and critical information
- Represent the Product Development department in weekly meetings & brainstorm sessions to determine real-time sourcing needs
- Oversee the maintenance of the material library and sourcing trackers, both in physical and digital formats
- Ensure the quality testing of materials during development, ensuring compliance with Honeylove’s commercialization standards
- Research and identify new material suppliers, coordinate outreach, onboarding, and presentation appointments
- Maintain regular communication with internal teams and suppliers, addressing inquiries, changes, and providing updates on development status
- Collaborate with Product Development Manager to track and manage the development of new launch styles, from concept hand-off to final material approval stages
- Order and track sample yardage for in-house prototype development, ensuring adequate supply of materials for the creation process
- Attend fittings as needed, offering technical support to finalize materials and troubleshoot any issues that may arise
- Occasional travel to trade shows and conventions.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in Apparel / Textiles, Development, Manufacturing, or related experience
- 7+ years’ experience in product development & / or material sourcing
- Proficient in industry performance testing standards and protocols for raw materials
- Experience working & communicating with overseas suppliers
- Strong attention to detail, active follow-through, assertiveness, self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to build strong relationships & maintain alignment with internal & external partners
- Excellent presentation skills & ability to communicate in a group setting
- A team player who is innovative, willing to step outside the box, & a great multi-tasker
- Strong time management skills with excellent ability to efficiently prioritize
- Experience & understanding with knit & woven fabrications.
- Knowledge in bras & intimates is a strong plus, especially bra cup development