Senior Manual QA Engineer
here's the gist:
Running an independent business comes with a lot of responsibilities, not least of which are all the admin tasks that take up a lot of precious time. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps independent business owners streamline their process and get organized so they can get back to doing what they love.
The independent business economy is on the rise: more new businesses were started in the United States in 2020 than at any other time in the last 15 years. Our company, like the clients we serve, thrives on creativity and innovation — in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $498M from investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd and Citi Ventures.
But we need your help.
HoneyBook is a product that is transforming the way independent professionals operate their business. Across the United States and Canada our members are turning to HoneyBook's all-in-one platform to handle everything from first inquiry to final invoice, and the code you write will become an essential part of our quest to empower independents to rise together doing what they love. The product team at HoneyBook is growing quickly and this is an exciting time to join us. Our roles overlap frequently and we learn a lot from each other. Communication is key.
As a Senior QA Engineer who will join our dev team and will be responsible for the overall quality of our product, while ensuring the success of major, minor, and patch releases.
We are looking for someone who has proven strong technical skills, can multitask (context switch), can learn fast and on his own. You will need to work both in a team (team player is key!) and independent, under pressure.
Here are a few of the things you'll do…
- You will be involved in all stages of development - from brainstorming, planning, testing, and up to production.
- As part of your daily work, you will work closely with people across engineering, product, and support to help develop an amazing experience for our customers.
- You will have to deep dive into complex problems & find their root cause.
- Provide feedback on product quality and user experience.
- You will have to “wear” different hats - as a client, as a PM, as a UX, as a designer, as a tester.
- Be a focal point for the company in all product related issues.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful…
- 5+ years of experience as a Manual QA Engineer. - Must
- Web and Mobile testing.
- Working on different environments and systems (browsers, mac/windows).
- Experience with QA methodologies and testing processes.
- Experience in writing testing documents (STP, STD, STR).
- Strong knowledge of testing processes and understanding Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Version Control System (GIT).
- Basic knowledge of networking and DevTools use.
- Investigator, and detail-oriented with an ability to see the bigger picture.
- Self-management skills.
- Good communication skills and creative thinking.
- Fluent in English in reading and writing - A Must.
- Server-side testing - advantage.
- ISTQB qualification - nice to have.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.