Automation Team Lead
here's the gist:
Running an independent business comes with a lot of responsibilities, not least of which are all the admin tasks that take up a lot of precious time. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps independent business owners streamline their process and get organized so they can get back to doing what they love.
The independent business economy is on the rise: more new businesses were started in the United States in 2020 than at any other time in the last 15 years. Our company, like the clients we serve, thrives on creativity and innovation — in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $498M from investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd and Citi Ventures.
But we need your help.
HoneyBook is a product that is transforming the way independent professionals operate their business. Across the United States and Canada our members are turning to HoneyBook's all-in-one platform to handle everything from first inquiry to final invoice, and the code you write will become an essential part of our quest to empower independents to rise together doing what they love. The product team at HoneyBook is growing quickly and this is an exciting time to join us. Our roles overlap frequently and we learn a lot from each other. Communication is key.
As our Automation Team Lead, you'll play a vital role in leading our team and the development of our automation infrastructure and framework. By enabling our developers to work quickly and efficiently, you'll be at the cutting edge of maintaining our product quality and ensuring that any issues are intercepted before they reach our clients.
Our Current Mission
We are embarking on a critical mission to construct a robust automation infrastructure, a tool designed for our developers to seamlessly write e2e automated tests. This mission stands at the core of our strategic objectives, and your role will be integral in making it successful.
Here are a few of the things you'll do…
- Lead and manage a team of 4-5 automation engineers.
- Recruitment, mentorship, and management of the team's day-to-day tasks.
- Actively participate in hands-on tasks such as writing tests, performing code reviews, and working on our CI/CD system.
- Design, build, and maintain a robust and scalable automation framework and infrastructure for both web and mobile applications, that can be utilized effectively by our developers.
- Ensure the automation infrastructure remains current, flexible, and designed to work within a continuous integration/deployment framework.
- Participate in setting and communicating automation best practices, strategies, and processes.
Our Technology Stack
- Web Automation: Playwright
- Mobile Automation: Appium, WebDriver.io
- CI/CD: Codefresh, Github actions
- 6+ years of experience in automation frameworks (both web and mobile) - Must
- 3+ years of experience in developing scalable automation infrastructure - Must
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a technical role, such as a tech lead or managerial position - Must
- Strong hands-on skills - writing tests, code reviews, CI/CD tools - Must
- Experience with Playwright, Appium and Webdriver.io
- Strong object-oriented based programming, debugging/troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in CI/CD methodologies and tools like Codefresh, Jankins, GitHub Actions, or similar.
- Fluent in QA and agile methodologies.
- Solid grasp of the business and product, with the ability to align automation efforts accordingly.
- Best practices in planning and test writing.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical skills with expertise in automation best practices and software design patterns.
- Experience in SaaS web-based applications.
- Proficient in English in both reading and writing.
- Knowledge of web development basics (HTML, CSS, etc). - advantage
- Experience in working with container solutions like (Docker, and Kubernetes) - advantage
- BSc in Computer Sciences or equivalent - advantage
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.