HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As our Social Media Marketing Associate, you’ll own and elevate HoneyBook’s social media presence to increase awareness, strengthen brand affinity and drive meaningful engagement with our target audience. You’ll lead content creation and community management across all of HoneyBook’s existing social media platforms and launch new brand channels as they become relevant to our business goals. By applying your multi-media skills, you’ll create compelling visual and video content that communicates all the ways that HoneyBook supports independent business owners. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact not only in the content you create but also in the relationships you build with our community. By bringing our unique brand voice and value to life on social media, you’ll play an essential role in attracting new users to HoneyBook and nurturing our existing member base to strengthen our position as the best-in-class solution for independent business owners.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Raise brand awareness and affinity - develop and distribute engaging social media content that resonates with our audience, delivers value for our members and builds affinity for the HoneyBook brand.
- Educate our members and community - create visual and video content that effectively communicates the value of our core product, blog content and resources and community initiatives.
- Grow our following and expand visibility - increase our follower base and engagement on existing channels and build the HoneyBook brand on new social media platforms.
- Strengthen our brand presence - create compelling on-brand multi-media content, either on their own or by partnering with the design team, that engages with emerging trends and understands the wants and needs of independent business owners.
- Drive traffic and influence conversion - produce content that will drive our target audience to perform a desired action (e.g. sign up for a webinar, read a blog post, sign up for a promotion), thereby initiating the conversion journey from discovery to trial to win.
- Support go-to-market efforts - determine the best way to support go-to-market initiatives across our social media channels that drive key results.
- Effective cross-functional collaboration - create alignment between our social media efforts and other teams to identify new opportunities, increase efficiency and support cross-functional goals.
Here is what is needed:
- Ideally, 1-2 years of social media content creation and community management experience. Alternatively, 1-2 years of general copywriting experience and customer support exposure.
- Familiarity with different social channels, how to write content for each and what performs best on the different platforms.
- Basic familiarity with social media metrics and how to align these to brand objectives
- Some experience with tools like Later, Planoly, Sprout Social or Hootsuite
- Experience with design tools like Canva or Sketch is a plus
- A great storyteller. You can move an audience with words, drive a viewer to take action and ignite excitement with social content.
- Strong attention to detail. You can produce compelling copy and visual content for multiple social media platforms concurrently without error.
- Creative thinking and spirit of experimentation. You’re willing to explore new trends and think out-of-the-box when creating content on social media. You stay on top of industry developments and new features in an effort to find new and more effective ways to communicate our brand value to our target audience.
- Takes initiative. You readily bring new ideas and learnings to the team for consideration. You identify new opportunities without being asked to and you know how to apply keen time management to prioritize and execute tasks expediently.
- Patient, empathetic and customer-focused. You can handle both positive and negative public-facing communications with poise and professionalism to ensure the HoneyBook brand is always perceived in the best possible light. You know when to apply a sense of urgency to resolving member concerns.
- Desire to be data-driven. You’re curious to understand why something did or didn’t work and how to make it better the next time.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are service-based small businesses and freelancers. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business and freelance space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $248M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.