HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for independent small businesses and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by independent businesses across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $4B in business on our platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the freelance economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
In this role, you will support community operations through execution and maintain the spaces and programs needed for our members to thrive. At HoneyBook, we have a deeply engaged community of over 100k small business owners and freelancers across several key channels. Your job will be to manage our online community channels to deepen engagement, ensure our members’ voices are heard, and provide critical insights that will guide the future of our platform and company.
At this time, we are hiring for this role in California, Maryland, Texas, or Washington.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Manage and moderate official online community spaces for HoneyBook & Rising Tide; thriving groups with tens of thousands of members who are passionate about entrepreneurship and small business.
- Ensure that connections happen, conversations flow, questions are answered and requests are escalated.
- Act as the brand and be the primary point of contact for member questions and our volunteer moderators.
- Manage general community emails and requests and triage to the correct point of contact internally to ensure we can care for our members as efficiently as possible.
- Identify and monitor actionable community health metrics and report on them weekly to keep our team as data-driven as possible.
- Identify key trends or topics of interest so that we are always aware of how our community is feeling, what is impacting them at the moment, and what support they may need to continue to thrive in business.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Ecosystem and Product team partners for key findings, special projects or community-driven initiatives.
Here is what is needed:
- 1 - 2 years of community or customer success experience preferred
- Experience with moderating Facebook groups
- An empathetic and collaborative action-taker: You have strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to serve both our community members and internal team
- A data-driven approach: You have phenomenal active listening skills and the ability to analyze and synthesize information. You live for uncovering trends and bringing data to life
- Ability to moderation and navigate conflict resolution: You have experience facilitating open conversation and conflict resolution. You’re not afraid to de-escalate a tough situation and ensure that people feel heard
- A passion for facilitating connections: You absolutely love cultivating community and forging new relationships. People are your priority
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are independent businesses and freelancers. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business and freelance space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $248M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.