HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the freelance economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As the Art Director at HoneyBook, you’ll be responsible for designing integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns that build awareness and capture the imagination of small businesses and freelancers. Like our customers, we’re obsessed with our craft and all the details that go into creating an exceptional experience. We’re looking for someone who is motivated to grow by doing, an individual comfortable with responsibility, and eager to be a part of building a category-defining brand. This role will report to the Creative Director.
We are not your average SaaS company - our audience is primarily service-based small businesses and freelancers (Independents), so the psychology is similar to consumers in many ways. This is a unique intellectual design challenge and a great opportunity to make a huge impact shaping the brand of a high-growth company with a passionate audience in a dynamic industry.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Turn customer insights, marketing goals, and best practices into strategic, remarkable creative that results in increased awareness, growth, and engagement for the brand.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and elevate the HoneyBook brand throughout all projects and touch-points across multiple channels and formats including ads, web, video, and animation.
- Contribute to the development, growth, and refinement of our brand identity and implement it consistently.
- Keep up with industry best practices and emerging strategies, constantly bringing new creative ideas on how we visually communicate our story.
Here is what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- 5-8 years of experience in design roles, in-house experience preferred, additional agency experience is a plus.
- Portfolio of previous work that displays an ability to design cohesive, innovative campaigns across marketing channels and mediums, including digital display, web, broadcast, and social channels.
- Experience using Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, and experience Adobe Premiere and After Effects is a plus.
- Experience managing external production and leading other creatives.
- Possess a strong curiosity, ability to deal with ambiguity, work autonomously and a preference for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A kind, well intentioned, and collaborative team player that can bridge many stakeholders and can give/receive feedback.
- A passion for design and a discerning eye for exceptional creative and visual design.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are service-based small businesses and freelancers. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business and freelance space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $248M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.