HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the freelance economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Sr. Manager, Customer Success at HoneyBook. You will be responsible for full funnel customer success for high value customers focused on onboarding, adoption, retention and growth. You will ensure our members and internal teams are set up for success with robust product education, working closely with our Product Marketing team. You will also be responsible for upholding our “People Come First” core value as it comes to our members and ensure that member feedback and insights from the customer conversations are effectively relayed back to our product and marketing teams.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Develop and implement our customer success strategy to drive higher product adoption
- Build scalable methods for driving adoption of our product including CSM outreach, content creation and webinars as well as exploring new opportunities to drive adoption
- Working closely with our growth and marketing teams, optimize a self-serve system for members so they get the information they need when they need it
- Manage and coach our Customer Success team
- Develop systems and tools to effectively reach out to customers and empower the team
- Champion the customer voice within the company to ensure we are always putting our members first
Here is what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Strong people management skills and the know-how for building a high performing team.
- You are a leader and have the ability to drive change within an organization.
- You are a strategic thinker. You can understand the overall company strategy and drive the team to impact that strategy.
- You are curious and creative and have the ability to test and learn from experiments you run.
Here is what is needed:
- Experience leading a customer-facing organization at a technology company, ideally one serving SMBs
- Experience developing new programs with customer outreach and education
- Experience in change & stakeholder management in an organization
- Experience in evaluating, implementing, and administering customer success tools
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are service-based small businesses and freelancers. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business and freelance space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $248M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.
Follow us on Medium and Instagram and catch the latest stories about HoneyBook. Read about what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.