HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $2B in business on its platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the freelancer economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
HoneyBook’s Marketing Team is growing and we are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join us. The Mission of the Product Marketing Manager is to successfully market our product to prospects and members. In order to do so the PMM needs to strategically evaluate and match the needs of our users with the strengths of our product, develop compelling messaging, create strong go-to-market strategies and have a clear understanding of the competitive landscape.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Drive adoption of new features for the core product. Team up with the Product team to lead the go-to-market strategy & execution. Plan, coordinate and communicate with stakeholders. Be the product expert in the marketing team.
- Write micro-copy for product features to educate users and reinforce benefits.
- Lead product adoption & feature education efforts, in collaboration with CSM, and with particular focus on influencing native product education.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative user feedback, and conduct competitive analysis to help the Product team with roadmap, particularly for new product releases.
- Be able to distill important information from feedback to share with the Product team.
- Align feedback with value propositions and company goals to create solid business cases.
- Help Growth with initiatives such onboarding and product led growth with particular focus on messaging. Examples of work include onboarding, account setup and in-product micro-copy.
- Be a liaison between the TLV product team and the SF GTM teams.
Here is what is needed:
- A track record of success. You have 5+ years PMM experience.
- Experience working with SMBs (preferred) or tech consumer products.
- Experience in product management a plus.
- You possess a strong sense of curiosity and grit, have the ability to work autonomously, can handle ambiguity, and have a preference for a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- You are able to clearly express ideas to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Your thinking is structured and you have excellent intuition for numbers and data.
- And most importantly, you believe in HoneyBook’s mission and know how you will contribute to our success.
- Native English speaker.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are service-based small businesses and freelancers. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business and freelance space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $248M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.