HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the freelance economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
HoneyBook is on the search for a Sr. Marketing Data Analyst to join our Business Analytics team in our San Francisco office. We are looking for a seasoned analyst with a passion for proactively turning data into actionable insights to help efficiently scale our marketing efforts. The insights you find will impact every part of our customer acquisition funnel and drive strategic business decisions.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Improve ROI of marketing initiatives by building robust performance measurement and quantifying indirect influence of media channels.
- Analyze multi-channel acquisition paths and derive actionable insights to optimize media mix and conversion funnels.
- Partner with product marketing and product leaders to improve understanding of user behavior and develop creative strategies to drive feature adoption and product engagement.
- Extract data from internal systems, identify the correct metrics needed, create reports and analyze them to understand key trends.
- Discover and effectively communicate actionable insights to marketing stakeholders and senior leadership that address the most important business questions we are facing.
- Create systems and tools to empower the team to find answers themselves.
Here is what is needed:
- 5+ years working in a marketing analytics role
- Expert SQL skills coupled with the intellectual curiosity to turn data into actionable insights.
- Proven track record collaborating with teams to leverage data-driven insights to improve performance.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools - Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with marketing platforms, tools and attribution models, like Google, Facebook Ads, DSPs, Iterable / other ESPs, etc.
- You have a bias towards action; you don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do and are comfortable working with ambiguity.
- You are a strong communicator and have art for communicating complex findings in a simple way.
- Your thinking is structured and you have excellent intuition for numbers and data.
- And most importantly, you believe in HoneyBook’s mission and know how you will contribute to our success.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do. Your work will directly impact small business owners.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are service-based small businesses and freelancers. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business and freelance space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $248M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.