HoneyBook is looking for a Marketing Copywriter to create, refine, and steward HoneyBook’s voice, developing marketing and communications to connect with our current and prospective members. The ideal candidate is passionate and collaborative, a skilled wordsmith, and a grammar sleuth. They can quickly discern project needs and present ideas professionally, with an enthusiasm that sells through the lens of strategy and innovation. They love the craft of brand building and know how to work across multiple channels with an understanding of the nuances needed to reach a variety of audiences.
We are not your average B2B SaaS company - our audience is primarily small businesses and freelancers, so the psychology is similar to consumers in many ways. This creates a unique intellectual challenge and a great opportunity to make a huge impact shaping the brand of a high-growth company with a passionate audience in a dynamic industry.
Like our members, we’re obsessed with our craft and all the details that go into creating an exceptional experience. We’re looking for someone who is motivated to grow by doing, an individual comfortable with responsibility, and someone eager to be a part of building a category-defining brand. This role will report to the Creative Director.
What you’ll do
- Turn customer insights, marketing goals, and best practices into strategic, remarkable creative that results in increased brand awareness, growth, and engagement.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and elevate our marketing across multiple channels and formats including ads, web, video, and email.
- Contribute to the development, growth, and refinement of our brand identity and ensure it is implemented consistently.
- Keep up with industry best practices and emerging strategies, constantly pushing for fresh and innovative ideas.
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a copywriter (or equivalent experience) with a strong portfolio that displays an ability to create cohesive campaigns across channels and mediums.
- You have a passion for storytelling and a discerning sense for compelling copy that is optimized for performance.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen eye for detail. You can catch a type a mile away.
- You possess a strong sense of curiosity and grit, have the ability to work autonomously, can handle ambiguity, and have a preference for a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- You love data and use it to inform and adapt messaging strategy.
- You are able to clearly express ideas to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Experience using design software like Sketch, Figma, and Photoshop are a plus but not necessary.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do. Your work will directly impact small business owners.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the freelance economy to rise together, doing what they love.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are service-based small businesses and freelancers. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business and freelance space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $248M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.