HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the freelance economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
We’re looking for an Associate Marketing Manager to join our highly collaborative Marketing Team. Performance-driven marketing is a critical driver of HoneyBook’s growth, especially on our search channels. We currently operate and expand upon large cross-channel campaigns using channels such Paid Search (SEM), Social Media (FB/IG, & others), and Programmatic Ad Buying (Video + Banners) and are always looking for new experimental channels to acquire new members. Reporting to the Director of Performance Marketing, you will own an integrated marketing approach, focusing on cross-channel campaign strategy and end-to-end execution that will bring a clear and compelling vision of the product to potential members.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Manage paid search campaigns (and potentially other paid channels) using conversion data, customer insights and behaviors to reach the desired audience and optimize performance.
- Analyze audience data to identify unique audience segments and behaviors to drive custom targeting and messaging tactics within paid channels.
- Understand the value of different audience segments and adapt media buying strategies accordingly.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a cross-channel media plan with forecasted performance models based off of historical data.
- Measure, track, and document all test results and critical insights.
- Analyze conversion data down the user funnel and work with the design and growth teams on testing new landing page variants and re-engagement strategies.
- Create reports and present learnings / performance updates across the company.
Here is what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Analytical thinking - a healthy data obsession is required to work in this role given the amount of data at our fingertips. You will need to analyze current performance, observe historical trends and identify new opportunities within the data to optimize and scale campaigns.
- Creative thinking - guided by data, you will work with the creative design team to develop new messaging and creative concepts, iterate on high performing ads, as well as develop new testing frameworks and present learnings.
- Inquisitive - we’re looking for someone to challenge the status quo and constantly look for new tactics within existing media channels to drive performance - as well as stay up to date with new digital media opportunities and emerging channels.
Here is what is needed:
- 3+ years of professional experience leading paid search campaigns on Google Ads and Bing - Apple Search Ads is a plus, but not essential.
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategies to constantly optimize and scale paid search performance.
- Extensive experience working with audience segmentation, personalization, and/or conversion optimization.
- Strong understanding of marketing analytics platforms and marketing technology.
- Strong proficiency with key campaign management tools and analytics platforms (Google Ads, Bing Ads, Apple Search Ads, Google Analytics etc.).
- Possess very strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills (or Google Sheets and Google Slides).
- Experience collaborating with a diverse group of colleagues including data analysts, product managers, content marketing and web developers (for landing pages).
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are service-based small businesses and freelancers. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business and freelance space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $248M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.