HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
We’re looking for an Associate Marketing Manager to join our highly collaborative Marketing Team. Performance-driven, omnichannel marketing is a critical driver of HoneyBook’s growth. We currently operate and expand upon large cross-channel campaigns using channels such as Paid Social (SMA), audio channels, embedded retargeting initiatives, and Digital Display (Video + Banners) and are always looking for new experimental channels to acquire new members. Reporting to the Director of Performance Marketing, you will own an integrated marketing approach, focusing on cross-channel campaign strategy and end-to-end execution that will bring a clear and compelling vision of the product to potential members.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Take over day-to-day management of key paid media channels using conversion data, customer insights and behaviors to reach the desired audience and optimize performance.
- Audit existing campaign structure on platforms including audience targeting and optimization tactics.
- Measure, track, and document all test results and critical insights and develop testing strategies for scaling budget as efficiently as possible.
- Analyze performance of creative assets and messaging in ads and on landing pages, ideate on new approaches, and develop a testing framework to maximize learnings and performance.
- Analyze audience data to identify unique audience segments and behaviors to drive custom targeting and messaging tactics within paid channels.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a cross-channel media plan with forecasted performance models based off of historical data.
- Analyze conversion data down the user funnel and work with the design and growth teams on testing new landing page variants and re-engagement strategies.
- Create performance reports and present learnings across the company.
Here is what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Analytical thinking - a healthy data obsession is required to work in this role given the amount of data at our fingertips. You will need to analyze current performance, observe historical trends and identify new opportunities within the data to optimize and scale campaigns.
- Creative thinking - guided by data, you will work with the creative design team to develop new messaging and creative concepts, iterate on high performing ads, as well as develop new testing frameworks and present learnings.
- Inquisitive - we’re looking for someone to challenge the status quo and constantly look for new tactics within existing media channels to drive performance - as well as stay up to date with new digital media opportunities and emerging channels.
Here is what is needed:
- 3+ years of professional experience leading paid media campaigns across various platforms, in particular Paid Search and/or Paid Social.
- Demonstrated experience in leading creative projects from ideation to delivery and launch.
- Extensive experience working with audience segmentation, personalization, and/or conversion optimization.
- Strong understanding of marketing analytics platforms and marketing technology.
- Strong proficiency with key campaign management tools and platforms (Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.)
- Experience optimizing landing pages.
- Possess very strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse group of colleagues.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $72M and is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.