HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the freelance economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
What will our Member Experience Associate get to do?
Our Member Experience Associates are at the front lines providing a world-class customer support experience. You’re the members’ advocate and HoneyBook ambassador.
What's a day in the life of a Member Experience Associate?
You'll be responsible for responding to member inquiries via email and live chat, resolving cases (big and small) and collaborating with other departments to resolve member issues. You’ll use Intercom and other support tools to ensure our members will have a seamless experience with us no matter who they are talking to.
Additionally, you’ll keep track of complaints about bugs and features that aren’t user friendly and relay these messages back to our Product and Engineering team. Together, you’ll work out solutions to our members’ problems, develop features to make our product easier to use, and find ways to help them get the most out of our platform.
What experience and skills does the right person need to possess?
- 1+ years experience in a customer support/customer service role.
- Experience using Intercom a plus.
- Experience using a ticketing system and/or triaging experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to boil dense questions into easily digestible answers in a friendly and articulate way.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Patience, resilience, customer intuition, and grace under pressure.
- Experience working in challenging scenarios with customers.
- Product-centered curiosity. We want a teammate that is determined to constantly improve HoneyBook and loves working with the Product and Engineering team.
- Never satisfied with the status quo and a thirst for innovation.
The Good Stuff
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup--our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are service-based small businesses and freelancers. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in eight years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the small business and freelance space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $248M and is backed by investors such as Durable Capital Partners LP, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Zeev Ventures, 01 Advisors, Norwest Venture Partners, OurCrowd, and Citi Ventures.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.