HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools for billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier client experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform. HoneyBook is on a mission to empower the small business economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for a curious, driven and client-focused Staff Accountant to help scale HoneyBook’s accounting and finance functions and support the needs of our growing startup. The scope of this role is wide and will touch all areas of accounting, from supporting accounts payable and month end close activities to helping us maintain the general ledger in accordance with US GAAP. If you want a role with exposure and a wide breadth of responsibilities, this position is for you.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Work across all teams to manage the accounts payable cycle, including vendor onboarding and organization of vendor contracts
- Work closely with the Senior Accountant and Controller in managing month-end, quarter-end and annual close processes
- Assist with month end balance sheet reconciliations, including accruals, prepaids, and corporate card reconciliations
- Streamline our financial support documentation process, maintain required records, reports, and files in an organized manner
- Support the annual financial audit process, including audit schedule preparation
- Assist with Ad hoc requests and projects as needed
Here is what is needed:
- Minimum 1-2 years of accounting experience; Big 4 experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficiency with systems such as QBO, Expensify, Bill.com, and Excel (intermediate to advanced)
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and a high level of attention to detail
- You’re a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership over your work
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with a clear and thoughtful approach
- You’re able to work both independently and collaboratively with the team and across functions in a fast-paced environment
- You value working together and contributing to the goals and success of the team and company
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $72M and is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.