HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools for billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier client experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform. HoneyBook is on a mission to empower the small business economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As the Sr. Marketing Designer for HoneyBook, you’ll be responsible for designing integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns that build awareness and capture the imagination of small businesses and freelancers. Like our customers, we’re obsessed with our craft and all the details that go into creating an exceptional experience. We’re looking for someone who is motivated to grow by doing, an individual comfortable with responsibility, a team player eager to be a part of building a brand. This role will report to the Creative Director.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Turn customer insights and marketing goals into strategic, remarkable creative executions that result in increased awareness, growth, and engagement.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and elevate the HoneyBook brand through all touch-points, across multiple channels and formats including ads, web, content, and community engagement experiences.
- Contribute to the development, growth, and refinement of the HoneyBook brand identity and implement it consistently.
- Keep up with industry best practices and emerging strategies, constantly bringing new creative ways to communicate the HoneyBook story.
Here is what is needed:
- A passion for design, a discerning eye for exceptional creative, and a desire to consistently deliver world-class craft.
- A strong curiosity and ability to take complex concepts and represent them clearly.
- An eagerness to contribute to the team’s success and approach every project at 100%. No project is underneath you.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and comfort working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator who is good at receiving feedback.
- 4-6 years of experience in design roles.
- Experience working on in-house marketing teams at hyper-growth, fast-paced organizations preferred.
- Portfolio of previous work that displays an ability to design cohesive campaigns across channels and mediums.
- Experience designing for web, email, social, and performance marketing.
- Strong proficiency with Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Video editing and animation experience with tools like Premiere and After Effects is a strong plus.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $72M and is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.