HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As our Associate Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for delivering valuable content to both our HoneyBook members and top-of-funnel audience. You’ll play a leading role in content creation for both our blog and social media channels that together help educate our audience about our core product, company mission and how HoneyBook can deliver value for small business owners. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to drive growth, build relationships with our community and establish HoneyBook as the leading client experience management platform for service-based small businesses. By writing, curating and distributing engaging content that demonstrates the capabilities of HoneyBook, you’ll be a vital part of attracting prospective customers and converting them into active members.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Raise brand awareness & affinity - develop and distribute engaging content that resonates with our audience, delivers value for members and drives affinity for the brand.
- Educate our members & community - write long-form blog content on best practices, industry trends, HoneyBook features and new releases, member case studies and more. Being responsive to the needs of our community and delivering content to solve their pains (e.g. COVID resources).
- Help optimize customer lifecycle - produce content that helps guide people through the buyer/customer journey to increase conversion within different stages of lifecycle.
- Build up our SEO muscle to increase traffic- produce content that will drive increased visits to HoneyBook via SEO. This looks like analyzing keywords, cross linking and making content updates to ensure all content is CEO compliant and leveraging best practices.
- Convert visitors to trial and win - use data to improve conversion points on the blog, newsletter and social media; this looks like asset design, page structure, CTAs. Working closely with the Content Manager to identify areas of opportunity, experiment and try new things.
- Help optimize content ecosystem - translate valuable HoneyBook blog posts into compelling social media content for our top-of-funnel audience. Compose the bi-weekly newsletter that we send to leads and ex-trailers.
- Align content strategy with product marketing - support go-to-market with blog, social and newsletter content to dive in-bound marketing leads.
- Support brand strategy - implement updates that align with our branding strategy and produce content that helps position HoneyBook as the owner of a new category.
Here is what is needed for success:
- 3 years of content and copywriting experience, particularly owning ideation, writing and publication.
- Familiarity with different social channels, how to write content for each and what performs best on the different platforms.
- Strong foundation in SEO.
- Experience with tools like Moz, Ahrefs, and Google Search Console to support SEO research and measure how well we are doing.
- Basic understanding of entry-level design tools like Canva.
- A great storyteller. You can move an audience with words, drive a reader to take action, ignite creativity and excitement with content.
- You’re an innovator and possess a spirit of ideation and curiosity to explore and try new things.
- You are filled with grit and passion for small business and helping our audience succeed.
- You have an editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- You understand the importance of data and are curious to understand why something did or didn’t work and how to make it better the next time.
- You’re a trend watcher and are aware of advancements in the industry.
- Familiarity with tools like Later, Planoly, Sprout Social or Hootsuite is a plus.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. HoneyBook is backed by top investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.