HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As the Sr. Recruiter you will be key to our future success. You will own all things recruiting for our US-based talent–from full cycle recruitment, to recruiting operations, to employer branding. You are passionate about creating the best candidate experience by harnessing your creativity.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- As the sole recruiter, you are responsible for bringing in diverse, top-talent.
- Lead the talent team, overseeing and mentoring our Talent Coordinator.
- Manage full lifecycle recruiting processes including developing the recruitment strategy and sourcing, qualifying, and closing candidates.
- Champion the candidate, be their advocate and create an authentic candidate experience by setting clear expectations and corresponding to them in a timely manner.
- Lead our employer brand strategy and partner with other People Team members to create cutting edge employer branding.
- Use data to continuously evaluate your processes and make improvements where necessary as we continue to grow and scale.
- Create weekly reports analyzing metrics to share with hiring managers and leadership.
- Embody HoneyBook’s core values and immerse them throughout the recruitment process. The Talent Team creates the first impression for potential employees!
- Create a culture of recruiting where hiring teams are knowledgeable on interviewing and recruiting best practices through training and coaching.
- Keep our bar for talent high by consistently impressing managers with the talent you bring in.
- Effectively leverage resources and continually assess tools to ensure resources are being properly allocated.
Here is what is you need to be successful:
- Passion for our product, vision, mission and the ability to sell it to prospective candidates.
- Act like an owner: You will be leading the recruiting function and know how to operate quickly and independently.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: You create processes out of the ambiguous and are highly adaptable and able to pivot priorities when needed.
- Ability to guide and coach hiring managers through the recruiting process by building strong relationships.
- Experience working with senior leadership to manage difficult scenarios, expectation setting, and use of persuasion and effective communication to gain buy-in.
- Ability to present candidates and articulate why they should move forward.
- Highly-collaborative and a team player.
- You bring innovation and creativity to everything to do.
- Continually seek best recruiting practices and stay on top of recruiting trends.
- You are curious and do not take information at face value, but rather look for data to support it.
- 5+ years of full cycle recruiting experience, start up experience necessary.
- Successful track record of hiring top talent, fast.
- Experience mentoring more junior team members.
- Experience with building out employer brand campaigns and initiatives.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $72M and is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.