HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools for billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier client experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $3B in business on its platform. HoneyBook is on a mission to empower the small business economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. If you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and want an impactful career, join our team!
Our Design Team is a multi-disciplinary team comprised of brand design, product design, marketing design and user research. We work cross-functionally with just about every team – from marketing, to engineering – to deliver a unified user experience that our customers cannot live without.
We are looking for a Product Designer who cares deeply about their customers and distilling complex problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences. We’re looking for those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, and marketing.
Here are a few of the things you'll do...
- Work with a small team, which we call commandos, with a product manager, several engineers, product marketing, content strategy, data and research to create holistic end-to-end experiences.
- Transform complex ideas into amazingly simple products for both mobile and web.
- Create wireframes and flows to define features and rapidly test hypotheses to validate and refine your concepts in order to improve design.
- Take a data-driven approach to your design using both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Lead the creation of unified experiences across the entire customer journey. Rally with teammates to design a product that our customers can’t live without.
- Advocate for our diverse customers' needs–both emotional and functional. We want someone who will commit to understanding our customers more than anyone else in the company.
- Ensure HoneyBook is focused on the right things at the right time by tracking key success metrics to inform future feature development.
- Work with team members to stay ahead of issues and make sure projects are delivered on time.
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 3+ years of experience designing exceptional products for both mobile and web and can provide examples of your recent work on live products.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a strong communicator and have ability to synthesize complex ideas into understandable specs for any audience.
- You have great user experience intuition and impeccable instinct about what people want.
- You are a leader and can motivate a team to build amazing products while getting them to rally behind your designs.
- You are low-ego and know the importance of receiving constructive feedback on your work.
- You have strong UX design skills: wire framing, interaction design, UX writing, logic specifications and creation of user flows.
- You have experience with user research methodologies.
- You love collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to create designs based on findings from research, experiment results and feedback from your team.
- Bonus if you have experience designing within and evolving design systems
- Bonus if you’ve worked in Agile/Scrum process at a product company.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge - our primary customers today are creative businesses, which accounts for $150B per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in four years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $78M from investors such as Citi Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.