HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for small business service providers and freelancers. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $2B in business on its platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
HoneyBook’s Marketing Team is growing and we are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join us. At HoneyBook, we view the PMM role as a strategic one that is a driving function for influencing the product and sales teams as well as our customers. In this role, you will successfully market our product as well as evaluate and match the needs of our users to the strengths of our product. You will own go-to-market strategies that will drive product adoption through compelling messaging and a clear understanding of our competitive landscape.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Partner with research to develop actionable customer insights for product initiatives.
- Lead go-to-market strategy & execution for new feature launches. Plan, coordinate and communicate with stakeholders.
- Apply product/user/market knowledge to develop compelling messaging and storytelling to drive user product adoption.
- Quarterback strategy and execution for evergreen campaigns (product education) and seasonal campaigns.
- Test targeting and messaging strategies on our different channels (lifecycle, paid, content and social) to drive conversion for target verticals.
- Develop competitive landscape & market understanding. Intel you uncover will shape future products.
- Manage the feedback loop with Sales, Customer Success and Product Teams.
Here is what is needed:
- 3+ years experience in Product Marketing
- Experience working with SMBs or tech consumer products
- You are a critical thinker and know how to combine data and user insights to prioritize opportunities to create growth
- Knowledge or experience working with our different channels, like social, email and influencer.
- You are a natural storyteller and are able to craft compelling messaging.
- Attention to detail. No small detail gets past you.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to learn how to use our different systems.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $72M and is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.