HoneyBook is a business management platform for freelancers and entrepreneurs. We centralize and automate workflow, digital payments, and generate business opportunities for our customers – technology is our ally in celebrating human passion and originality. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
Reporting to the CFO, we are looking for a Director of Finance that is solutions-oriented and ready to impact our decision-making from day one. What does success look like in this role? For starters, driving strategic initiatives and optimizing business decisions by delivering insightful metrics, forecasts, and operational finance support. You will be deeply involved with high-profile strategic and operational initiatives, making recommendations for short and long term decisions that will determine the trajectory of the company.
Here are a few of the things you’ll do...
Planning & Reporting
- Lead management reporting, including KPI’s, dashboards, business trends and performance vs plan in order to deliver weekly financial updates, monthly performance analyses and quarterly rolling forecasts.
- Lead preparation of the semi-annual planning process and maintain the rolling three-year financial plan.
- Lead initiatives to continuously improve and automate forecasting and reporting tools and processes.
- Manage quarterly financial update process for investors and be the main point of contact.
- Interpret and present key findings directly to and engage with senior leadership across multiple functions.
- Create analyses, commentary and presentation materials for Board and leadership meetings.
- Create financial models to help evaluate and assess new business opportunities and strategic partnerships.
- Exhibit true mastery of handling most complex analytics including business issues that are beyond finance.
- Partner with functional business teams to provide value-added business insight and decision support.
- Serve as a true financial resource to internal business partners.
- Evangelize a data driven, analytical approach to business issues across the company.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful…
- 10+ years finance experience with a mix of startup and investment banking.
- Superior analytical, modeling and presentation skills.
- Superior problem solving skills and ability to communicate effectively with executive management.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output.
- Willing and excited about diving into the numbers and being hands on.
- Ability to perform deep dives into the underlying assumptions and quantitative details of all analyses, as well as step back and make recommendations based on the insights you develop.
- Have a thorough understanding of financial accounting and management reporting.
- Intrinsic drive and motivation to consistently tackle and conquer new challenges one after another.
- You are innately curious. You embed yourself into the company to understand the challenges that each team is facing in order to be an effective business partner.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $72M and is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.