HoneyBook is a business management platform for creative entrepreneurs that centralizes and automates workflow, digital payments, and generates business opportunities for our customers. We champion technology as our ally in celebrating human passion and originality. At HoneyBook, every day we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. If you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment, join our team!
What is this role?
HoneyBook’s Finance Team is growing and we are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support both our CFO and Senior Finance Manager in financial modeling, monthly/quarterly reporting and analysis, and strategic ad hoc analysis. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-performing Finance team that plays a key role in driving strategy and key decision making for an exciting growing SaaS startup.
What's a day in the life of a Senior Financial Analyst?
The ideal candidate will be able to own existing processes, contribute to strategic analysis, and help build a strong finance presence in a growing startup
Here are a few of the things you’ll do…
Planning & Reporting
- Own management reporting, including KPI’s, dashboards, business trends, and performance vs plan in order to deliver weekly financial updates, monthly performance analyses and quarterly rolling forecast.
- Lead initiatives to continuously improve and automate forecasting and reporting tools and processes.
- Interpret and present key findings directly to and engage with senior leadership across multiple functions.
- Create analyses, commentary, and presentation materials for Board and leadership meetings.
- Create financial models to help evaluate and assess new business opportunities and strategic partnerships.
- Partner with cross-functional business teams to provide value-added business insight and decision support.
- Serve as a financial resource to internal business partners during planning process as well as regular financial review against plan
- Evangelize a data driven, analytical approach to business issues across a growing company.
What experience and skills does the right guy or gal need to possess?
- Bachelor’s degree; Finance or Accounting preferred
- 3+ years finance experience with investment banking and/or FP&A, preferably in tech
- Strong analytical and modeling skills. Ability to think strategically about underlying assumptions and qualitative details of all analyses
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional partners.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems
- Have a strong foundation in financial accounting and management reporting
- Self starter: proactive, resourceful, decisive, goal-oriented
- Experience in SaaS a plus
The Good Stuff
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge - our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in six years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.