We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join Honey. This person will focus on driving high value content to our users in a seamless and simple way. As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you'll take ownership of helping build automation and testing that will ensure high quality releases. You can expect to work with a growing team of backend engineers and interact with several other teams who are the Catalog’s consumers. Your contribution will impact how we ensure that Honey is the better way to buy, by building a catalog of products on the internet that is unmatched in size and breadth.
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles, with an office in Boulder, CO. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Boulder, CO team.
If you’re on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You like to break other people’s code and then help them debug
- You take pride in automating repetitive tasks, no matter how simple
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository (Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket)
- You have experience with JUnit or TestNG
- You have experience with front-end testing tools (Selenium Web Driver, Grid)
- You know the difference between BDD and TDD and have experience with at least one
- You have experience with basic database queries (MySQL, Postgres, Mongo)
- You are comfortable working on the command line
- You are comfortable creating test suites with minimal documentation
- You have a working knowledge of Agile Development Practices and Scrum methodologies
- You are able to manage your time well and provide accurate time estimates
- You enjoy helping to improve quality assurance standards, techniques, and procedures
- You want to own the code repository and are dedicated to maintaining high code quality
- You set high standards and hold others to those standards
In this role, you’ll:
- Work within a mission team (a cross-functional team focused on a specific, well-defined mission) and own the testing for your product
- Architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment
- Execute test automation code in a collaborative environment
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s 10+ million users
- Work closely with your mission team to test your team’s products
- Work closely with other QA Engineers and SDETs as a mentor
- Implement automation to increase test coverage
- Making frequent contributions to our testing framework
- Building tools to support automated testing of your product
Bonus Points for:
- Experience testing iOS and Android applications
- Experience using Datadog for monitoring and observability
- Experience creating synthetic checks to monitor and test HTTP-based APIs
- Experience working with applications deployed in to public clouds (Google, AWS, Azure)
- Experience running tests in a continuous integration system like Travis, Jenkins, or CircleCI (we use Circle)
- Experience with performance or load testing
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with SauceLabs, BrowerStack, or other browser compatibility testing tools
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.