Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Program Manager to join the Product Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
We are actively striving to create one of the worlds most engaged, high performing and rewarding product development organizations. Following a recent reorganization of our engineering and product team structure and operating model, we are looking for an experienced engineering and product coach to help our teams evolve to being a collection of purpose driven highly aligned, self-contained autonomous teams in a highly collaborative environment. This particular role has a focus on the product development organization, however will collaborate closely with engineering and product to push our collective product development capabilities forward.
What You'll Do:
As a Program Manager at Honey, you will:
- Program Management of all our Mobile efforts
- Oversee and manage the development of all essential product roadmap and product strategy material, and other product/mission team communications through collaboration
- Identify emergent inter-team and cross-team product-related challenges/issues/dependencies and process gaps, and designing solutions optimize for operational efficiencies across Product and Engineering teams
- Identify emergent needs to define repeatable processes and good practices for collaboration within and across mission teams
- Surface and escalate constraints/dependencies/alignment challenges or any other critical issues, and diligently drive to resolve
- Seek opportunities to coach product managers in designing/defining functional and nonfunctional requirements for mission teams
- Co-Lead the effort to build and maintain strategic, operational and cultural symmetries between our headquarters and remote engineering and product locations
- Co-Architect Product and Engineering Onboarding with other productivity coaches and key stakeholders
- Co-Architect Product and Engineering Internal/External Brand Building with other productivity coaches and key stakeholders
- Contribute to organization design and engineering/product operational planning
- Cultivate a safe, diverse, inclusive, and positive environment for teams through effective prioritization, advocacy, thought leadership, and compassion
- Have vast experience as an Agile Coach, Technical Product/Program Manager, Release Manager, Tech Lead or Engineering Manager/Director (preferably for a cross-functional team)
- Have Technical and product knowledge to speak intelligently with the engineering and product team on challenges and areas of improvements
- Have Influential and coaching skills to lead change without authority and be a self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You are intellectually curious - you seek a deeper understanding of how Honey works and you’re fascinated by complex organizational challenges and seek ways to connect the dots between practical and theoretical knowledge
- You are empathetic - you have the capacity to imagine how the world looks to others and to build bonds of trust even in difficult circumstances.
- You are committed to learning, honest self-examination and open feedback from others
- You are willing to fail and to invest in doing whatever it takes to grow into an exceptional performer
Success Looks Like:
- Material improvement in the coordination, visibility, communication, and prioritization of product vision, roadmaps, and release across teams
- An objectively positive influence on our engineering and product culture across locations
- Developed presence as a trusted mentor, advisor and coach for our engineering and product organization, in partnership and tight collaboration with our other productivity coaches
- A material improvement in the guidance and support we offer our people coaches (managers and leads) throughout the engineering and product organizations and defined, adopted, and implemented standards for coaches
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.