Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Software Engineer, Resilience to join our Los Angeles team.
If you aren't already in the Los Angeles area, don't fret - we'll move you here!
In this role, you’ll lead efforts to introduce Resilience Engineering and Chaos Engineering practices. You’ll work alongside platform teams to create a framework for running experiments, as well as create a healthy “safety” culture across the organization. The primary goal is to improve both flexibility and reliability across our core platform. You’ll recommend and implement changes across our systems and environments, evaluate new technologies, and contribute to our technical direction. You should be both capable of being a technical leader and an advocate, as well as doing hands-on work.
We primarily use Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, Python, Node.js, Nagios, Jenkins and have a microservice-based architecture using Docker and Kubernetes. We value individuals who are curious, able to communicate effectively, and passionate about open-source software and new system architecture trends. With a strong focus on ownership, Honey is the ideal place to grow your career and make an impact on products that are used by millions.
If you’re on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You have work experience in software, systems, or site reliability engineering
- You have experience with Chaos Engineering experiments at scale
- You have experience facilitating blameless postmortems
- You understand system design and software architecture
- You have a desire to help define the role of Chaos Engineering at Honey
In this role, you’ll:
- Architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s 10+ million users
- Help foster a culture across the organization for blameless post-incident analysis
- Assist with facilitating post-incident analysis
- Create tooling or leverage existing tooling to run and track chaos experiments
- Implement experiments to improve resilience in our codebase
- Advocate internally for resiliency best practices
Bonus Points for:
- Strong experience with containerization and container orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes
- Prior experience with Google Cloud
- Interest in / experience with contributing to open source projects
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.