Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking an Senior Integration & Tooling Engineer to join the Engineering Team in our Los Angeles office.
- Experience leading or co-leading the architecture, design, and implementation of applications
- 5+ years of fullstack engineering experience with a focus on a functional backend language
- Familiar with APIs (REST and GraphQL) with best practices
- Experience with GCP backend ecosystems as Pub/Sub, Spanner, Big Table, Big Query, Elasticsearch and other data warehouse tools
- Experience with React (or similar eg. Angular), Express, or ES6
- Experience in web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, networking, developing large software systems
- BS degree in Computer Science
- Self-motivated to build and iterate in quick cycles
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience mentoring a team and helping them navigate through solutions
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with data and traffic heavy environments
- E-commerce background
- Exposure to Express, Redis, & ElasticSearch are pluses
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.