Honey is helping millions save money when they shop online and we're growing! This opening is for our engineering team with a focus on tooling and integration. This team is in charge of scaling merchant integrations and providing support to ensure the quality of these integrations. This position will be specifically building all tools, data visualization dashboards, and monitoring programs to ensure that we continue optimizing as we grow our user base. It's a key position with high visibility within the company! This role is for someone who loves coding but also cares about end users experience and loves to solve puzzles in a high-impact setting.
If you aren't local to Los Angeles, don't fret - we'll move you here!
- Experience leading or co-leading the architecture, design, and implementation of applications
- 5+ years of fullstack engineering experience with a focus on a functional backend language
- Familiar with APIs (REST and GraphQL) with best practices
- Experience with GCP backend ecosystems as Pub/Sub, Spanner, Big Table, Big Query, Elasticsearch and other data warehouse tools
- Experience with React (or similar eg. Angular), Express, or ES6
- Experience in web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, networking, developing large software systems
- BS degree in Computer Science
- Self-motivated to build and iterate in quick cycles
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience mentoring a team and helping them navigate through solutions
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Experience with data and traffic heavy environments
- E-commerce background
- Exposure to Express, Redis, & ElasticSearch are pluses
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.