We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join the Honest team. Honest Buildings is now a Procore company. Together, our platforms create unified financials and cost tracking for owners, general contractors, and subcontractors.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Honest Buildings, you’ll support a dynamic product development lifecycle by collaborating with fellow engineers, designers, and product managers--allowing us to iterate quickly while maintaining high standards of quality.
Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles. Successful candidates are passionate about a part particular layer of the stack but are willing to navigate and deeply understand the entire application.
This position is based at our NY-Downtown, Honest Buildings office. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to a modern Java stack, built on Docker and Amazon Elastic Container Service
- Collaborate closely with product managers and designers to develop a highly performant API using Dropwizard that supports our user-facing UI as well as third-party integrations.
- Spec and build impactful features alongside our design and product teams
- Develop performant and expressive RESTful APIs
- Leverage jOOQ to write typesafe, expressive, and performant SQL; work with AWS Lambda and CircleCI
- Architect systems that support complex real-world project management workflows
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers in an agile environment
What we’re looking for:
- Computer Science Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of professional software engineering work experience
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience or comfortable integrating with third-party systems
- Passionate about backend architecture and performance with a strong commitment to well-tested code (not just high coverage but effective tests)
- You consider database schema as a first-class citizen in your software design
- Bonus points: You’re an open source contributor or have side projects that you are proud of
- We are open to strong candidates with different expertise who are excited to work with new technologies
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.