honestbee is Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
We are solving the riddles of e-Commerce and logistics across the SE Asia. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a marketplace for services that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
As our People Operations Director for Singapore market, you'll be leading the efforts to put our staff first, by looking after payroll, performance, career development, employment regulations and programmes. You'll get a chance to work side-by-side with an awesome regional Talent Acquisition and People Operations teams and our multi-disciplinary teams. Our Singapore team has around 250 people, excluding our part-time workforce.
What you'll be doing:
- Go-to person for our employees in regards compensation, career progression and insurance matters.
- Provide guidance on managing performance issues at all levels, including coaching and improvement plans and supporting with staff exits when necessary.
- Develops human resources operations strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; developing action plans; measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimising the impact of variances.
- Manage a team of People Ops Associates as they manage the payroll and other administrative matters.
- Work closely with our People Ops & Legal teams to ensure compliance with Government HR policies.
- Managing partnerships with Government agencies, vendors, and partners and labour unions.
- Build a forward-looking curriculum around the learning and development of our on-the-ground employees.
- Ensure that there is a plan in place for hard-working and motivated employees to acquire new skills or move up in their careers.
- Support and manage the recruitment projects/events with the TA partner.
- Leverage and maintain data reports and performance metrics to drive improvements as needed.
What are we looking for?
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role in-house.
- Experience with change management for People focused initiatives at an early-stage, hyper-growth start-up preferred.
- Experienced working with a multi-dimensional team, i.e operations, marketing, warehousing, retail, F&B.
- Expert in Singapore's labor laws, regulations and practices.
- Understanding of talent needs of different departments in the company.
- Experience in building systems and processes around the development and training of employees.
- Experience of handling permanent and part-time / TFT staff progression.
- Prior experience of process improvement and automation.
- Ability to influence and manage a range of stakeholders.
- High level of self-motivation and independent thinking, strong business understanding linked to insights and perspective.
- Have a sense of urgency, grit and ability to bounce back from failure and not give up.
- Ability to focus on solutions rather than what’s not working.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly.
- Possess positivity, enthusiasm in what you do and a great sense of humour
- Solid understanding of working within the Asian cultural-sphere.
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal due to it being our official language in the office.
- Working knowledge of BambooHR or other relevant HR platforms.
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!