honestbee is Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
We are solving the riddles of e-Commerce and logistics across the SE Asia. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a marketplace for services that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
What you'll be doing:
- You’ll be the advocate of software engineering as it relates to logistics and eCommerce
- You’ll be steering the design of architecture and optimising new algorithms that make honestbee’s operations run more efficiently
- Responsibilities of the development processes, system documentation, reviews, continuous improvement and auditing results
- Taking the lead in setting up the large-scale architecture, POCs, presenting concepts to the leadership
- Securing API’s to perform in a real-time and on-demand platform
- Setting out the standards for processes, tools and quality control
- Manage performance and effectiveness of the team’s delivery of software applications
- Coordinating with team-members across Product Management, UX and data
- Establishing reporting integrations (Looker, D3 etc.), building APIs / micros services (Elixir) that will be consumed by third party software (honestbee core API, POS, inventory management etc.)
- Establishing a collaborative environment to facilitate a smooth validation, tracking and statistics processes
- Facilitating conversations and collaboration with external service providers in terms of linking up the software and hardware
- Provide operations support and troubleshooting of cloud infrastructure environment
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
What are we looking for?
- Excitement about solving infrastructural challenges in ever-changing cities where population is densifying
- Track-record of working with an array of mapping, navigation/routing and algorithmic challenges
- Proven experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Solid experience with Object Oriented Programming and with at least one server-side programming language such as Python, Ruby or Java is required.
- Someone who doesn’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions and thrives for operational excellence
- Knowledge and advocate of tools like Git, Jenkin, CI
- Experience in relational database and non-relational database, i.e MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis,
- Data-driven architecture and systems design and all about that BDD and TDD
- Knowledge of Agile software development, principles and methodology
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform markup and layouts
- Full understanding of tracking and geo-location technology - GPS, BLE, RFID, UWB, etc
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural and multi-functional environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Fluent written and spoken English language
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!
Our story and vision: www.honestbee.sg/en/about-us
Check out what’s buzzing at honestbee: www.instagram.com/lets_honestbee