honestbee is a more than just a grocery delivery app. We are Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. We take care of those time-consuming daily chores and create time for you to spend doing what you love and care about. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
The world’s most convenient services marketplace.
Provide positive social and financial impact on the lives and businesses that we touch
Three months at honestbee are like a year at any other company. Things move fast. You learn more, you accomplish more. Our teams come from a diverse range of cultures, giving us a competitive edge when working across SE Asia. We are looking for people who are excited about empowering communities as much as we are.
Solving the riddles of e-Commerce and logistics. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a platform that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
Dare, try, do - we encourage our people to innovate from within and we will never ever stop experimenting and taking risks. If all that makes you buzz in excitement, come join our ambitious, strong-minded and determined team that takes both work and play seriously.
What you'll be doing:
- Play a major role in technical development and architecture.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Mentor and nurture engineers
- Work closely with product & design to build and improve features
- Write and improve upon existing code with attention paid to performance & scalability
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design
- Contribute towards improving engineering culture and approach
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
What are we looking for?
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails or GO or Elixir
- Understanding of functional programming
- Knowledge of Scala is a plus
- Understanding or some experience with ReactJS (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Familiarity with TDD and BDD concepts and how to use them to write code that is well tested
- Passion for Continuous Integration
- Passion on developing fast, reliable and robust APIs along with beautiful, usable user experience.
- Love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- You enjoy working in a start-up and open environment
- You take pride and ownership in your work and
- You have a good sense of humour and you are humble
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!