honestbee is Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
We are solving the riddles of e-Commerce and logistics across the SE Asia. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a marketplace for services that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
We are now further expanding the finance team to cope with our aggressive development plans and the Finance Manager will be focusing in setting up the Finance team in Hong Kong.
What you'll be doing:
- As the Finance Manager, you will be setting up the finance department, accounting policies, and implementing financial processes.
- You will provide clear direction and leadership to the local Finance team in monitoring the day-to-day financial operations, including and does not limit to handling monthly accounts closing, management reporting, AR and AP functions for the local entity.
- Your responsibilities include management and statutory reporting, tax preparation, auditing, corporate tax, GST/VAT and treasury function. Also, ensuring that our processes and accounts are in compliance with the regulatory and statutory requirements.
- You will also need to liaise with internal and external stakeholders i.e. bankers, auditors, company secretarial, tax agents and other statutory bodies/authorities. This role reports to honestbee HQ Finance (in Singapore).
- Apart from the regular finance and accounting duties, you will help identify areas for process optimisation and improvement and get to work on special projects as assigned from time to time.
- This is a unique opportunity for you to build and lead a team in a high-growth startup and learn about every aspect of its business.
- You will get to work with the best and the brightest people around the world to continually build on this exciting business. You will also get substantial mentor-ship from the high-caliber management team to ensure you succeed every step of the way.
What are we looking for?
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Accounting
- You have 5-8 years of experience in a full-suite of accounting responsibilities including AP and AR functions
- You have experience as a team leader and have good interpersonal skills
- You are familiar with IFRS
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills
- You preferably have prior experience at a Big 4 accounting firm or a high-growth startup
- You have advanced MS office skills, experience with Netsuite is a plus
- You can multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- You want to contribute to a high-growth start-up and collaborate with the best and the brightest around the world
- You are highly detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- You have impeccable work attitude and are willing to do whatever it takes to get stuff done
- You take advantage of every single opportunity to learn something new, whether it be work-related or not
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!