honestbee is a more than just a grocery delivery app. We are Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. We take care of those time-consuming daily chores and create time for you to spend doing what you love and care about. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
The world’s most convenient services marketplace.
Provide positive social and financial impact on the lives and businesses that we touch
Three months at honestbee are like a year at any other company. Things move fast. You learn more, you accomplish more. Our teams come from a diverse range of cultures, giving us a competitive edge when working across SE Asia. We are looking for people who are excited about empowering communities as much as we are.
Solving the riddles of e-Commerce and logistics. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a platform that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
Dare, try, do - we encourage our people to innovate from within and we will never ever stop experimenting and taking risks. If all that makes you buzz in excitement, come join our ambitious, strong-minded and determined team that takes both work and play seriously.
What you'll be doing:
As the Finance Manager, you will be setting up the finance department, accounting policies, and implementing financial processes. You will provide clear direction and leadership to the local Finance team in monitoring the day-to-day financial operations, including and does not limit to handling monthly accounts closing, management reporting, AR and AP functions for the local entity.
Your responsibilities include management and statutory reporting, tax preparation, auditing, corporate tax, GST/VAT and treasury function. Also, ensuring that our processes and accounts are in compliance with the regulatory and statutory requirements. You will also need to liaise with internal and external stakeholders i.e. bankers, auditors, company secretarial, tax agents and other statutory bodies/authorities. This role reports to honestbee HQ Finance (in Singapore).
Apart from the regular finance and accounting duties, you will help identify areas for process optimisation and improvement and get to work on special projects as assigned from time to time.
This is a unique opportunity for you to build and lead a team in a high-growth startup and learn about every aspect of its business. You will get to work with the best and the brightest people around the world to continually build on this exciting business. You will also get substantial mentorship from the high-caliber management team to ensure you succeed every step of the way.
What are we looking for?
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Accounting
- You have 5-8 years of experience in a full-suite of accounting responsibilities including AP and AR functions
- You have experience as a team leader and have good interpersonal skills
- You are familiar with IFRS
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills
- You preferably have prior experience at a Big 4 accounting firm or a high-growth startup
- You have advanced MS office skills, experience with Netsuite is a plus.
- You can multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- You want to contribute to a high-growth start-up and collaborate with the best and the brightest around the world
- You are highly detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- You have impeccable work attitude and are willing to do whatever it takes to get stuff done
- You take advantage of every single opportunity to learn something new, whether it be work-related or not