honestbee is a more than just a grocery delivery app. We are Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. We take care of those time-consuming daily chores and create time for you to spend doing what you love and care about. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
The world’s most convenient services marketplace.
Provide positive social and financial impact on the lives and businesses that we touch
Three months at honestbee are like a year at any other company. Things move fast. You learn more, you accomplish more. Our teams come from a diverse range of cultures, giving us a competitive edge when working across SE Asia. We are looking for people who are excited about empowering communities as much as we are.
Solving the riddles of e-Commerce and logistics. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a platform that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
Dare, try, do - we encourage our people to innovate from within and we will never ever stop experimenting and taking risks. If all that makes you buzz in excitement, come join our ambitious, strong-minded and determined team that takes both work and play seriously.
At honestbee, the data team works on all things data. We are encouraged to think outside the box, play with the latest technologies, and explore their limits. We work closely with the business and get to tackle their most challenging problems.
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to build out data products
- Play a lead role either in terms of technical development and architecture or in terms of team management
- Mentor and nurture engineers
- Work closely with product, design, and other engineers to deploy and improve features
- Write and improve upon existing code with attention paid to performance and scalability
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design
- Contribute towards improving engineering culture and approach
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years experience working with Python (+ Web Frameworks: Django, Flask), proficient in SQL, Shell Scripting or another programming language
- Some understanding of functional programming (knowledge of Go, Scala or Erlang is a plus)
- Experience with Big Data tools/processes is a plus
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Familiarity with TDD and BDD concepts and how to use them to write code that is well tested
- Passion for Continuous Integration
- You need to have a passion of developing fast, reliable and robust APIs
- You enjoy working in a start-up and open environment
- You take pride and ownership in your work and
- You have a good sense of humour and you are humble
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!