at honestbee Malaysia
honestbee is a more than just a grocery delivery app. We are Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. We take care of those time-consuming daily chores and create time for you to spend doing what you love and care about. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
The world’s most convenient services marketplace.
Provide positive social and financial impact on the lives and businesses that we touch
Three months at honestbee are like a year at any other company. Things move fast. You learn more, you accomplish more. Our teams come from a diverse range of cultures, giving us a competitive edge when working across SE Asia. We are looking for people who are excited about empowering communities as much as we are.
Solving the riddles of e-Commerce and logistics. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a platform that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
Dare, try, do - we encourage our people to innovate from within and we will never ever stop experimenting and taking risks. If all that makes you buzz in excitement, come join our ambitious, strong-minded and determined team that takes both work and play seriously.
What you'll be doing:
As the finance executive at honestbee, you will handle a full-suite of finance and accounting matters. It includes and does not limit to handling monthly accounts closing and management reporting for the local entity and AR and AP functions for overseas entities under honestbee Group.
You will ensure all transactions are controlled and all documentations are maintained in an orderly manner. You are responsible for preparing bank reconciliation, merchant reconciliations and balance sheet accounts reconciliations.
You will also work closely with the Finance Manager on tax, treasury and compliance matters.
Apart from the regular finance and accounting duties, you will get the opportunity to evaluate all AP, AR and GL processes and continuously improve them along the way. You will get to work on special projects as assigned from time to time.
This is a unique opportunity for you to contribute to a high-growth startup and learn about every aspect of its business. You will get to work with the best and the brightest people around the world to continually build on this exciting business. You will also get substantial mentorship from the high-caliber management team to ensure you succeed every step of the way.
What are we looking for?
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Accounting
- You have 1-3 years of experience in a full-suite of accounting responsibilities with AP and AR functions
- You preferably have prior experience at a Big 4 accounting firm or a high-growth startup
- You have advanced MS office skills, experience with Netsuite is a plus.
- You can multi-task and work at a fast-pace environment
- You want to contribute to a high-growth startup and collaborate with the best and the brightest around the world
- You are highly detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- You have impeccable work attitude and are willing to do whatever it takes to get stuff done
- You take advantage of every single opportunity to learn something new, whether it be work-related or not
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!