honestbee is a more than just a grocery delivery app. We are Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. We take care of those time-consuming daily chores and create time for you to spend doing what you love and care about. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
The world’s most convenient services marketplace.
Provide positive social and financial impact on the lives and businesses that we touch
Three months at honestbee are like a year at any other company. Things move fast. You learn more, you accomplish more. Our teams come from a diverse range of cultures, giving us a competitive edge when working across SE Asia. We are looking for people who are excited about empowering communities as much as we are.
Solving the riddles of e-Commerce and logistics. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a platform that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
Dare, try, do - we encourage our people to innovate from within and we will never ever stop experimenting and taking risks. If all that makes you buzz in excitement, come join our ambitious, strong-minded and determined team that takes both work and play seriously.
What you'll be doing:
- Helping teams become more autonomous and allowing the Operation team to focus on improving the infrastructure and optimising processes.
- Delivering system management tooling to the engineering teams.
- Working on your own applications which will be used internally.
- Contributing to open source projects that we are using (or that we may start).
- Be an advocate for engineering best practices in and out of the company
- Organising tech talks and participating in meetups and representing honestbee at industry events.
- Sharing pager duty for the rare instances of something serious happening.
What are we looking for?
- You'd need to be Operation-oriented software engineer for the development part of DevOp.
- Continuously improve developer experience with fast builds, quick (canary) deployments and ChatOps.
- Python or Go and Bash skills.
- Experience managing complex systems at scale.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Mesos/DCOS or similar clustering solutions.
- Experience with tools such as Terraform or Chef.
- Understanding of the importance of smart metrics and alerting
Honey sweet points for experience with:
- Front-end development
- DataDog, NewRelic
- AWS, GCE or any cloud provider (though AWS is preferred)
- Working with remote teams
- Kafka, Elasticsearch
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!