honestbee is a more than just a grocery delivery app. We are Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. We take care of those time-consuming daily chores and create time for you to spend doing what you love and care about. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
The world’s most convenient services marketplace.
Provide positive social and financial impact on the lives and businesses that we touch
Three months at honestbee are like a year at any other company. Things move fast. You learn more, you accomplish more. Our teams come from a diverse range of cultures, giving us a competitive edge when working across SE Asia. We are looking for people who are excited about empowering communities as much as we are.
Solving the riddles of e-Commerce and logistics. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a platform that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
Dare, try, do - we encourage our people to innovate from within and we will never ever stop experimenting and taking risks. If all that makes you buzz in excitement, come join our ambitious, strong-minded and determined team that takes both work and play seriously.
At honestbee, the data team works on all things data. We are encouraged to think outside the box, play with the latest technologies, and explore their limits. We work closely with the business and get to tackle their most challenging problems.
A Senior Data Engineer has the software engineering skills to build data pipelines that efficiently and reliably move data across systems as well as the expertise to design and build the next generation of data tools that enable the business to fully utilise all their data. We’re pushing the limits of our existing data stack and we need a senior data engineer to help us address these challenges.
What you'll be doing:
- Implement and maintain data pipelines and the infrastructure it uses
- Architect, build, and deploy new data models that provide intuitive analytics across the business
- Manage and own the entire data processing system (internally as well as interfacing with other teams or third party services), and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Experiment with, select, and implement cutting edge Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Work closely with data scientists, BI analysts, and end users to consume and analyse data faster and more efficiently
- Perform all needed data transformations to populate a reporting optimised data warehouse
- Mentoring junior team members through code review, enablement training, etc
What are we looking for?
- Expert level in Python (+ Web Frameworks: Django, Flask), proficient in SQL, Ruby, Shell Scripting or another programming language
- 5+ years of experience with data modelling and designing/supporting Data Warehouses
- 3+ years of experience in data processing/ETL implementation
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience managing server clusters and services
- Experience with building stream-processing systems (Kafka, Fluentd, etc)
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem and Container Orchestration (Marathon, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Redis, Elasticsearch, etc)
- A degree (BSc or MSc) in a related field, preferably in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!