honestbee is a more than just a grocery delivery app. We are Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. We take care of those time-consuming daily chores and create time for you to spend doing what you love and care about. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
The world’s most convenient services marketplace.
Provide positive social and financial impact on the lives and businesses that we touch
Three months at honestbee are like a year at any other company. Things move fast. You learn more, you accomplish more. Our teams come from a diverse range of cultures, giving us a competitive edge when working across SE Asia. We are looking for people who are excited about empowering communities as much as we are.
Solving the riddles of e-Commerce and logistics. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a platform that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
Dare, try, do - we encourage our people to innovate from within and we will never ever stop experimenting and taking risks. If all that makes you buzz in excitement, come join our ambitious, strong-minded and determined team that takes both work and play seriously.
What you'll be doing:
- Helping to develop better architecture and establish ways for improving payment solutions
- Make improvements in our core product (Ruby on Rails) and help make it more lean and faster
- Work with a small Agile team and carry out server-side development
- Mentor and nurture more junior members of the team
- Work closely with product managers and designers to build and improve features
- Write and improve upon existing code with attention paid to performance
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design
- Contribute towards improving engineering culture and approach
What are we looking for?
- You need to have some experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Some understanding of Functional programming (knowledge of Go, Scala or Erlang is a plus)
- Understanding or some experience with ReactJS (or equivalent)
- You need to have a passion of developing fast, reliable and robust APIs along with beautiful, usable user experience. Its important of have a good combination of these for this role because we here at honestbee believe great UI and building APIs go hand in hand.
- Passion for writing tests (or even better; TDD) and Continuous Integration
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!