honestbee is Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
We are solving the riddles of eCommerce and logistics across Asia. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a marketplace for services that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
What you'll be doing:
The Category Manager is in charge of presenting the best offer to our customers and ensure that our marketplace is as competitive as it can be.
Category Managers are responsible for the taxonomy used by the brands in their scope. In order to define this taxonomy, Category Managers collaborate with their direct line of management (Regional Category Manager) as well as the Country Managers. This taxonomy must fit within the frame of the overall honestbee taxonomy (“Master Hierarchy”).
Category Managers are in charge of developing a strategy for each key categories of the brands in their scope. This strategy is defined according to various aspects of the category: the role that this category plays for the brand, the number of visits (clicks) on that category, the volume and revenue generated by this category.
In order to define their categories strategy, the Category Managers use internal and external sources of information: benchmarks (online, offline), industry reports (studies, whitepapers), performance analytics, etc.
Category Managers can use an array of tactics that fall under four main types: assortment, merchandising, pricing and promotions.
The primary lever used by Category Managers is assortment - which is acquired through the assortment from our retail partners. Although honestbee is not limited by physical space, the assortment needs to be prioritised according to market demand in order to keep the catalogs manageable.
Product merchandising - basic and advanced content creation is prioritised by Category Managers but executed by the Product Content Creation team. Onsite merchandising is out-of-scope for the Category Managers, as it requires E-Commerce skills out of Retail Category Managers skill set.
Inherently to honestbee’s business model, the Category Managers only have indirect control over prices and promotions. This indirect control is applied through collaborating and influencing FMCG partners.
- Cooperating with different teams, collecting and analysing data to build brand developing strategy in order to guide business development team.
- Lead catalogue onboarding and maintenance, categorizing products, maintaining data, and solving product relevant issues from internal and external feedback.
- Be familiar with all supermarket’s products characteristics, local market and local people shopping behaviour. Collaborate internally and with partners in order to meet customers needs through new assortment, pricing, promotion and merchandising.
Category Manager needs to find out the major patterns in our target customers needs and drive honestbee marketplace development toward it. Be acquainted with our business/customers and be acquainted with relevant tools for helping achieve this goal, are both necessary.
- Have experience with retailer or FMCG industry
- Understand grocery product's characteristics and life circle
- Is sensitive with E-commerce and retailing industry trend
- Always think as in customers shoes
- Be able to autonomously and independently work for most time
- Good at analyzing, identifying problems, suggesting solutions
- Have ownership to every task being assigned to
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!
Keep an eye on what's buzzing at honestbee!