honestbee is Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and our network of partners, people experience how life’s just easier with honestbee.
As an User Experience Designer at honestbee, you will join a group of passionate and energetic software engineers, crafters and design thinkers, who are continually creating and shipping world-class experiences. We hire generalists who also exhibit deep expertise. Experience designers at honestbee contribute in a wide variety of ways: We define and articulate goals, we design and ship UI's, architectures, digital products & services, we create and implement user studies, we manage projects and much more. We also recruit designers. People like you.
At honestbee, our design process really gets going once products are in customers’ hands. Our best work is the result of an ongoing dialog with customers. This is fundamental to the way we create great products. Through years of shipping software as a service, we’ve learned to include our customers in the entirety of the design process. With an engaged community of hundreds of thousands users, what will you ship? What will you try and what will you learn through doing so?
Do you prefer to define the work that you pursue, rather than simply following a vision that’s been set for you? If you’re seeking an opportunity to steer product definition, functional exploration and design decision-making, consider joining honestbee. We can’t wait to see where you’ll take us.
Serious talk aside, we enjoy having fun and putting fun in the work we do.
What you will be doing:
- This position will translate high-level user and business requirements, interaction flows into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces taking our honestbee values into the design process.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and overarching experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering; produce the mock-ups
- Create storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps etc. to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Create board of design components to facilitate integration by developers
- Defend design decisions and present key milestone deliverables to peers and leadership stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- Expertise in User Centred design methodology and mobile first approach
- Deep knowledge of Graphic Arts
- Highly proficient in interaction design and its best practices
- Design thinking evangelist
- Understanding user business and objectives; having a balanced combination of creativity and usability
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe creative cloud, Sketch and other graphics related software (OmniGraffle…)
- Fluent in English / Chinese (Mandarin and or Cantonese) extra bonus
- Good interpersonal & teamwork skill, having can-do attitude
- Autonomy in face-to-face working with your peers
- Designing in code
- User research skills and practice experience. Familiarity with design techniques such as crafting personas, storyboarding, research data evaluation etc.
- A diversified portfolio (online/materials) that demonstrates a strong knowledge of prototyping in terms of strategic brand development, play on typography, color, imagery, and graphic elements.
- Practical experience in Design (e.g. graphic, interaction, visual communications, product, industrial, HCI) or a related field and or equivalent BA/BS degree
- 3+ years working experience working in a design role, working on logistics and or operations sector, Fintech experience extra bonus
- Most importantly, believe in making an impact in people's life
Please send us your updated portfolio with samples of UXD, UX research, brand development and or UI designs (required)
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that's our commitment to you!