honestbee is Asia's leading online concierge and delivery service for all your lifestyle needs. With our technical expertise, data-fuelled operations and network of partners, our customers experience how life is just easier with honestbee.
We are solving the riddles of eCommerce and logistics across Asia. We work on practical solutions for the real world and we are obsessed about building a marketplace for services that awes and delights our customers - that’s our commitment to them!
As the Deputy Managing Director for our Singapore office, you'll play an integral role in the Singapore leadership team, co-leading the teams, operations and P&L. You'll be the Managing Director's right hand, day in, day out.
What you'll be doing:
- Co-leading sales and profitability of the Singapore business together with the Managing Director
- Assess business opportunities strategically and have a bird's eye view of the verticals in the Singapore business; Groceries, Food, Goodship, Laundry, Ticketing etc.
- Build and establish contacts and relationships through Business Development with key merchants and partners to drive business in Singapore
- Communicate values, strategies, and objectives from HQ
- Increase management effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling and disciplining managers
- Assign accountabilities, plan, monitor, and appraise job results
- Accomplish country objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurement
- Allocate resources, review progress and make mid-course corrections
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards
- Review and approve accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting etc
What are we looking for?
- A strong leader and team builder
- Track record in driving growth, innovating and inspiring teams for success
- Strategic and numbers driven, able to dive into details, implement process improvement and change
- Driven and motivated, ability to be resilient and work through hurdles that a fast-growing startup experiences
- Proficient in stakeholder management and working across a matrix structure
- Start-up, management consulting, investment banking experience is a big plus
- Deep insights into customers in Singapore and the consumer behaviour of Asia in general
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Business or any related field
Join our honestbee family. Nothing makes us more proud than seeing our people prosper in their careers and set themselves up for success. honestbee will take you to places - that’s our commitment to you!
Our story and vision: www.honestbee.sg/en/about-us