Detect’s mission is to democratize healthcare by developing breakthrough technology that allows us to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative cures for untreated genetic diseases. We are championing a new era of healthcare by writing DNA where it matters.
Detect is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Detect benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of biotech and med device companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who have collectively raised over $700 million in funding.
Joining Detect is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The Controller will be the first dedicated financial hire and will be tasked with setting up and building out the necessary systems, policies, and processes to support the business as it commercially launches.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Design and implement monthly financial reporting for key executives containing actual to budget analysis with full commentary and actionable insights
- Provide data and analysis in support of key decision making and valuable insights to company leadership
- Work cross functionally with revenue & cost accounting and the shared services organization to support budgeting, reporting and accounting/compliance
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations and oversee Company transactions related to the general ledger, receivables (billings & collections), payables, payroll, and financial reporting
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, ensuring that records are kept in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Coordinate the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including oversight of the annual audit
- Oversee all technical accounting and external financial reporting
- Partner with the executive management team, business units and other members of the finance team to provide advice on financial implications of business activities
- Play a key role in monitoring and forecasting cash needs with a focus on lean spending
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and Big 4 experience preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a general accounting function; start-up experience is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance
- Experience with technical accounting areas such as revenue recognition, lease accounting and inventory valuation/treatment
- Demonstrated ability to create and simplify policies and procedures
- Experience with multi-currency consolidations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong knowledge of systems including ERPs such as Netsuite, expense management tools, and AP automation
You Deeply Identify with Core Detect Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team