Detect’s mission is to empower individuals to have greater ownership of their health with rapid, low-cost home and point-of-care diagnostics. We build breakthrough technology at the intersection of software, hardware, chemistry, and biology. We use this technology to champion a new era of personalized healthcare and help end the COVID-19 pandemic.
Detect is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Detect benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of biotech and med device companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who have collectively raised over $700 million in funding.
Joining Detect is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
For this position you must have strong analysis, design, and hands-on electrical engineering skills. You will be a technical resource in all areas of electrical hardware design such as hardware architecture, EE component selection, PCB layout & construction, peripheral interfaces, manufacturability, serviceability and reliability. You must be well versed in the core electrical engineering analytical skills in order to affect system level decisions and represent electrical engineering at cross-functional reviews. Your ability to productize designs in conjunction with cross-functional input from ID, Mechanical Engineering, Firmware, Clinical, Product Integrity and Manufacturing is also critical.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Develop and execute electrical designs for complex yet cost-effective medical diagnostic systems backed by thorough engineering analysis
- Design and implement printed circuits boards, electrical circuits and systems leading to proof-of-concept and initial prototype hardware
- Evaluate different off-the-shelf hardware designs, components, and chips
- Bring-up, debug and validate designs for function and performance from concept through production
- Design test/verification methods and capabilities for electronics
- Manage outside consultants to accelerate development
- Thoroughly document and support each of above from concept to architecture, through manufacturing and use
- Lead interdisciplinary discussions between Hardware, Reliability, Firmware teams to define and drive scope and clarity of work
- Select components and perform tolerance analysis to ensure correct circuit operation over the specified operating range
- Simulate, test and verify EMI/EMC/ESD performance
- Perform failure analysis and root-cause diagnosis for electrical hardware issues. Implement and validate corrective actions
- Author clear and comprehensive electrical hardware specification documents and engineering build documentation
- Engage and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to resolve complex technical issues
- Present technical issues in multi-disciplinary environments
- Masters’ or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a relevant field
- 5+ years experience bringing electronic devices to market in a regulated environment
- Strong analog and mixed signal circuit design fundamentals
- Expertise in board CAD and simulation tools
- Competent in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, logic analyzers, etc.
- Proficiency in simulation tools (such as SPICE), scripting languages (such as Python/MATLAB) and statistical analysis software (such as JMP).
- Working knowledge of electronics supply chain, evaluation of components / component assembly and awareness of board design / materials
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Familiarity with optical and electrochemical diagnostic systems
- Experience with firmware projects in C/C++.
- Direct experience with fast and real-time data acquisition
- Experience designing circuit boards for integrated systems that include FPGAs, memory, high-speed communication interfaces and requisite power circuits.
You Deeply Identify with Core Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Detect does not accept agency resumes.
Detect is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.